Protein believes that dance is for everyone and so, side by side with its performance activity, exciting opportunities are created for people from all walks of life to engage with dance.
Protein’s dance language grows from everyday movements and situations, and this inspires participants to connect creatively with their own life experiences. This inclusive creative process means that differences and problems are not ignored, but become a rich source of inspiration.
This unique way of working distinguishes Protein from other dance theatre companies. The last 15 years have seen it lead the way in creating projects that are inclusive and participant-led, yet do not compromise on artistic quality and integrity. In the future, Protein aims to continue to challenge accepted practice and establish new models of creative participation that can be adopted by the wider performing arts sector.
Protein’s unique form of dance theatre, combining text and movement in a unified and seamless way, along with the technical demands of our work mean that our dance artists are ideally placed to support the development of dancers, choreographers and theatre artists in training.
As with all our workshops, we tailor the content to match the needs of the students and their particular areas of interest. These could include:
- Creative practice and choreography
- A focus on text
- Learning Protein repertoire
- Contemporary technique
- A combination of any of these aspects of our work
Protein aims to
- Provide an inspiring playground for creative movement ideas in which the company encourages self-expression, communication, team work and imagination in a fun, social and noncompetitive way
- Develop confidence, social interaction and awareness of self in relation to one another
- Present dance as an integral and relevant part of our contemporary life, growing from everyday movements and situations and placing emphasis on the voice as well as the body, so anyone can get involved and have an enjoyable experience.
- Develop movement, physical awareness and a greater understanding of fitness, healthy body and mind
- Widen accessibility to and encourage enjoyment and participation in dance theatre
"Luca Silvestrini is rs." dian